The Services are intended only for users located in India and are for a general audience and are not targeted to children under 16 years of age. In addition, please review our Terms & Conditions which governs your use of the Services.
2.INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND OBTAIN
We obtain personal information about you from a variety of sources. This includes personal information you provide to us directly, information we obtain from other sources, and information we gather through automated means.
Information you provide to us through the Services. When you register for or participate in certain Services, seek access to certain content or features, or directly correspond with us, we may collect certain types of information from you:
- Contact information (such as name, postal address, email address and telephone and/or mobile numbers);
- Username and password when you register through our Services;
- Survey responses, reviews and/or comments;
- Household income;
- Credit card or other payment information; and
- Other information you may provide to us, such as through our “Submit a Request” or “Contact Us” feature.
Information obtained from other sources. We may obtain personal information about you in connection with the Services from publicly and commercially available sources, from our affiliates and/or our business partners (such as advertising providers; analytics providers; marketers; public data bases; consumer data resellers; social media networks, in accordance with your privacy preferences on such services; researchers; payment processors; and surveys), including:
- Demographical data (such as gender, age range, educational level, household income range, number of children in household, ethnicity to the extent permitted);
- Purchasing data, including membership in loyalty programs or information about advertisements you have seen or acted upon, including your interaction with advertisers’ products and services;
- Occupational data (such as profession, position, title, industry);
- Preferences and shopping interests;
- Your activities on other Internet sites or mobile Apps;
- If you log-in with or connect a social networking profile with the Services (e.g., Facebook orYouTube), we may obtain information about you, such as your user ID and/or user name and other information you have permitted those networks to share with us consistent with your privacy settings on the applicable social networking service. For more information, see our Social Networking Notice.
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- Device information, including unique identifiers and connection information, including mobile device IDs (e.g., Apple’s IDFA or Google’s AAID) and the means of internet connection (e.g., WiFi connection, ISP) that can identify the physical location of such devices, in accordance with applicable law;
- Your device type and settings, software used, browser type and operating system;
- Language preferences;
- Websites or other services you visited before and after visiting the Services (referring URL);
- Web pages and advertisements you view and links you click on within, and what search queries you may have run on, the Services (clickstream);
- Viewing behavior, including the content you view (text, images, video) and for how long, and advertisements you have been shown or interacted with;
- Dates and times you access or use the Services;
- Location information, including the city, state and zip code associated with your IP Address, information derived through WiFi triangulation, and precise location information from GPS-based functionality on your mobile Apps, with your consent; and
- Your phone number and mobile carrier details in connection with our mobile app.
For more information on the various types of automated means we use to gather information, please see our Cookie Notice.
3.HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE OBTAIN
We, or service providers acting on our behalf, may use the information collected from and about you to:
- Provide our products and services, including authorizing a purchase, or completing a transaction that you requested;
- Create and manage online accounts;
- Send promotional materials, alerts regarding available offers and other communications;
- Communicate about, and administer participation in, special events, promotions, programs, offers, surveys, contests and market research;
- Respond to inquiries from you and other third-parties, including inquiries from law enforcement agencies;
- Anonymize or de-identify personal information to provide third parties with aggregated data reports showing anonymized information and other non-personal information;
- Provide technical support;
- Generate suggestions about the type of content, including video, you may enjoy;
- Supplement your personal information collected directly from you and/or from automated means with additional information from publicly and commercially available sources, and/or information from Company affiliates and our business partners;
- Associate your browser and/or device with other browsers or devices you use for the purpose of providing relevant and easier access to content, advertising across browsers and devices, and other operational/business purposes;
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing, enhancing, analyzing and improving our Services; managing our communications; reviewing and processing employment applications, performing data and statistical analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities;
Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our terms of service and other policies; and
In other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
As described in this Privacy Notice and/or our Cookie Notice, we, as well as our third-party service providers, may obtain information about your online activities to provide you with advertising about products and services tailored to your individual interests. We and our third party service providers also may obtain information for this purpose from third party websites and apps. We engage third-party advertising networks to help us target our messaging to visitors through interest-based and contextual means.
We participate in ad networks that allow your online activities to be tracked over time by us and by the third-party websites and apps that participate in the same network by obtaining information through automated means, as described above. This data collection takes place both on our websites and apps and on third-party websites and apps that participate in these ad networks and then is used by the ad networks to show you advertisements on our Services and/or on third-party websites and apps that may be tailored to your individual interests. This information also helps us understand and analyze the effectiveness of our marketing efforts. To the extent required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before using your information for interest-based advertising.
The section below entitled Your Choices and Rights provides details on and explains how to exercise your choices regarding interest-based advertising.
4.INFORMATION WE SHARE
We may share your personal information with:
- With our Service Providers. With our service providers who perform services on our behalf.
- With our Clients or Business Partners. With our third party clients or business partners, such as advertisers, advertising agencies, advertising networks (as described above), consumer marketing firms, consumer product companies (e.g., retailers) and other third parties for those third parties’ own commercial or marketing purposes, to provide co-branded products or services and/or to serve targeted advertisements.
- For Legal Requirements and Proceedings. We may disclose information to law enforcement authorities or other government officials if we are required to do so to comply with subpoenas, court orders, legal process or other law enforcement or other government measures, and to comply with other legal obligations. We may also disclose information if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
- To Protect our Services and Users. We may disclose information to protect and defend the rights, interests and safety of the Services, our affiliates, and their employees, contractors and agents; to protect the security and safety of our users of the Services, including when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss.
- For Business Transfers. In the event of a proposed or corporate transaction, including for example a merger, investment, acquisition, reorganization, consolidation, bankruptcy, liquidation, or sale of some or all of our assets.
- Non-personal Information. When the information collected from or about you is not defined as personal information under applicable law, we may share such non-personal, de-identified information or aggregated information with third parties at our discretion.
5.YOUR CHOICES AND RIGHTS
We offer you certain choices and you also may have certain rights in connection with the personal information we collect about you.
You can choose to use our Services without providing any information about yourself to us directly, but please note, as described above, some information may be collected automatically or be requested by us to enable you to take advantage of certain features of the Services.
To ask us to remove your information from our marketing mailing lists, please contact us as outlined in the How to Contact Us Section below. You also can unsubscribe from our marketing mailing lists by following the “Unsubscribe” link in our emails. Even if you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we may still need to send you communications relating to your use of the Services, such as service announcements or personalized communications about your home-delivery account.
You also have choices about whether cookies and other similar technologies are placed on your computer or mobile device. For more information, visit our Cookie Notice.
We may use third-party analytics services on our Services, such as Google Analytics. The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web beacons and similar technologies to help us analyze your use of the Services, as further described in our Cookie Notice. To learn more about how to opt out of Google Analytics services, please visit the link below:
- Google Analytics: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
You may also choose to opt out of use of data that we or our third party service providers collect about your activities to provide you with tailored advertising about products and services of interest to you. To learn more about how to opt out of ad network interest-based advertising, please see the How to Manage Your Cookies section of our Cookie Notice..
If you wish to opt out of receiving News IQ advertisements, please click here.
B.ACCESS, CORRECTION AND DELETION RIGHTS
Subject to applicable law, you may have certain rights to access, review, update and/or correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody and control by emailing or writing to us at How to Contact Us. Subject to applicable law, you may also have certain rights to delete your personal information in our custody and control by emailing or writing to us at How to Contact Us. We may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to or deletion of his/her personal information records.
Additionally, if you have an account with us, you may access your information through that account and update or correct it.
6.HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we have about you against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. However, no data transmission or storage, or use of the Internet, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
7.TRANSFERS OF INFORMATION
The Services are hosted in and managed from India. We may transfer the personal information we collect about you to another country, which may not be deemed to have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. Applicable laws in India may allow the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities to access your personal information.
8.LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY SITES, APPS AND SERVICES
For your convenience and information, our Services includes a Careers page, which provides a list of employment opportunities available at the Company. If you are interested in applying for a position with Company, our Services link to the News Corp Careers site, which includes a link to our applicant privacy notice for your review. Our Services also provide links to News Corp affiliates’ sites, including their careers sites, apps and services, as well as those of third-parties that may be operated by companies not affiliated with News Corp. Our affiliates have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. Third-party sites may carry advertisements or offer content, functionality, newsletters or applications developed and maintained by those unaffiliated third-party companies. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any non-Company sites, apps or services.
9.CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
From time to time, we may change our Privacy Notice to reflect changes to our privacy practices and Services. If we modify the Privacy Notice, we will update the “Last Modified Date” and the changes will be effective as of the date we post such Notice. For material changes, we will notify you by posting a prominent notice on our Services indicating at the top of the Privacy Notice when it was most recently updated.
10.HOW TO CONTACT US
You also may write to:
Flick Scout Pvt. Ltd.